Sunday 22 January 2017

Review on the Revolution Retro Luxe Lip Kits - A Dupe for Kylie Lip Kits

Hello Lovelies,

Hope you all have had a lovely weekend I recently did a review on my You Tube Channel  for the new lip kits by Revolution they are called Retro Luxe Lip Kits so I thought I would talk about them in a blog post here.


 At first glance you can see these Lip Kits are a dupe for the Kylie Jenner Cosmetics Lip Kits from the packaging to what they have included in the set which is a Matte Lip Stick and the matching lip liner just like in the Kylie Jenner Lip Kits .

 The lightest shade is Grandee and this is the worst lipstick out of the four shades it goes on really patchy I tried layering it and it just looked horrible thick and patchy and to make matters worse is the lipstick is really sticky if you go and look at the video on you tube you will see that when I tried this lipstick on when It dried it was still really sticky and my lips were sticking together I will go so far as to say this is the worst lipstick that I have ever tried.



 
 The Next shade is Noble this colour is beautiful I had such high hopes for this being a really nice lipstick . The only good thing about this lipstick is, it's not patchy unlike Grandee but it was very sticky like the first one. The formula of these lipsticks are just very off they are really uncomfortable to wear.
 This is the darkest of the 4 lipsticks that I picked up this one is called Regal which is a dark brown/red it looks really nice on the lips but again when it dry's it turns into a sticky mess there just really uncomfortable. When I was trying this on for the first time on my you tube video I even tried using a lip oil beforehand because they are really dry but this just made the lipstick glossy which did look nice. I thought I had found a way to wear these lipsticks but after a few minutes I felt the stickiness of the lipstick come back. There is just no way I can wear this lipstick or any of the others they are just too sticky.
Last but not least is the shade Reign which is another lovely neutral shade which would have been beautiful had it not been so sticky as it's an everyday nude lipstick. 

I hate leaving negative reviews especially as I love the Revolution brand so much not everything I try I am going to love but I had such high hopes for these lip kits.

I don't know whether I got a bad batch of these lipsticks or what it's not like I only got the one lipstick and am doing this review I bought 4 lipsticks from the collection and they are all sticky, uncomfortable when they dry on your lips and the first shade was patchy and not only that when I removed the lipsticks with micellar water and cotton wool my lips still felt extremely sticky still for a very long time.

It's not all bad though the lip pencils are really creamy and as the lip kits are mainly nude lip kits I will at least get use out of the lip liners the lipsticks themselves though are just no good if you have these lip kits what are your thoughts ? do you find them sticky? I would love to know if they are all like this or if I was just unlucky.

If you do want to buy these for yourself you can buy them from Superdrug for £6 each this is why I was so excited because they are so much cheaper then the Kylie Jenner Cosmetics Lip Kits. I didn't expect the quality to be as good but you don't expect a matte lipstick to be a sticky mess.

If you want to watch the you tube video you can watch it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLeVbFVKQCA&t=166s
You can see me trying each of these lipsticks on in the above video.